Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Coloring Book

Hi, All -
I shock myself at times....I have been wanting to attempt a coloring book by using my Cricut and the marker sets I got a year and half ago....Well, I actually did it! I made a coloring book for my nephew with some of his favorite things for Valentine's Day. I designed it on the Cricut Craft Room.  Had the "cuts" drawn on plain white cardstock and cut the pages to 4" x 6".  Next, I scored them at 1/4 inch for easy opening of the book when bound.  Lastly, I used my Your Story to bind the cover and the pages and added a little vinyl for the cover.










Hubby got a little home made goodness today, too!  I gave him this shape card that I made using Jaded Blossom Stamps and Lovestruck 2010 cartridge.  My first ever shape card.

8 comments:

Katie O'Mary said...

What a super cute idea. I love how you personalized it :)

Mary B. said...

Great job on the book and the card. This is something I will try.

Unknown said...

This is just like the Santa's Village cartridge I LOVE making my own coloring pages.... My Daughter LOVES them!

missleyden said...

What a great idea! I may need to buy some markers and try it. But I do love the idea of making a coloring book with YourStory, thanks again.

missleyden said...

Oh, btw, I am looking for any YourStory blogs. Do you know of any? My email is catemccrory@yahoo.com
Thanks

Connie Layman said...

Just BRILLIANT! I love 'thinking out of the box' ideas! I'll be following you!

http://conniescraftycloset.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

you are tooo smart chickie ! I bet he loved it !!! and your card was georgeous !!! ♥ that cut and of course the stamp ! lol

www.scrappinwithmybug.com

Kim Ricketts said...

This coloring book is soooo cool!!! I bet he loved it!!

You are too creative!

Kim :)